Wednesday, April 25, 2007

We're a movin' on up... to the east side...

Tomorrow is moving day so today was spent getting things together before we leave the hotel. Apparently, furnished means a different thing here than it does in London. We had to go and purchase all of our kitchen goods today which was an interesting experience. We were taken to the "Big Bazaar" which we thought sounded like a good adventure. What it really is resembles a down market Wal-mart that was crowded and confusing. We left, though, with what we think should be enough to at least give us a good starting point. Besides, if we are only here for a few months we don't need to go crazy. We found that some things were ridiculously cheap while others were hideously expensive. I lived without a microwave for the first third of my life, I suppose I can do it again. Now I know how pioneer women felt :)

Nathan's boss suggested that I join the US Embassy Women's Club and I think that I will do that. I know that she wants me to make contacts for the company, but it would be good to involve myself in something along those lines. I am starting to remember what it felt like as a missionary to be stared at everywhere I go. In order to not be driven crazy by it, I have decided that it is because I am ravishingly beautiful and not because I am a good six inches taller than everyone and paler than a ghost. Whatever helps you get through the day, I guess.

Anyways, tomorrow I get to stop living out of a suitcase and I am thrilled. New Friends Colony, here we come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan and Bethany

It sounds wonderful! I'm glad you are having such an adventure. Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted. I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip to England and am thrilled about Jake's mission. Please let us know where and when he gets his call. I love that boy, but do mourn the thought of those lost golden locks.... All my best. I love you both!

Strawberry Shortcake said...

When will you find out how long you are going to be there??? Sounds thrilling and amazing there. How is the food??? I love the updates. I check it everyday. It's fun to hear about your life (makes Fairbanks seem even more boring... but that's not too difficult!) I hope you two are having fun!

Love,
Megan