Friday, April 13, 2007

You've got to accentuate the positive...

Well, it appears that I may have been to hasty calling this blog One Year in India as I may be off by nine months. Yesterday, Nathan had a meeting with the legal department of the university which informed him that they think they might have found a law that requires any company with a representative in India for more than 90 days to incorporate there. Why they didn't look into this before posting the job description, I don't know. They are not sure that they are willing to do that just yet so we might only be there for three months. It's been a pretty big and nasty shock as we have made all of our plans based on the contract that Nathan signed which says twelve months and we are leaving in FOUR DAYS, but I have stopped cussing so that is good. We are looking for things to be happy about and as I keep telling myself three months in India is still three months in India .

2 comments:

Layton Clan said...

WHAT????????????? Call me asap. Them's are fightin' words...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This is quite a dramatic turn of events!!!! Crazy stuff... You know what this means, don't you? It just means your mama has an in with God and her prayers are answered!!! I love you and will celebrate India w/ you for three months, one year, whatever.... keep us posted!