Monday, July 23, 2007

Some walk by night, Some fly by day...

So it happened. I swore I never would. I fought it and fought it but the peer pressure was far too great and I caved. The other night I saw my first Die Hard movie. Now I officially feel like part of the club. I have to say that I actually really enjoyed it. There was a lot of humor, ridiculous amounts of gun play, completely improbably stunts involving helicopters, hovering fighter jets, and a very well timed crash into a fire hydrant, and that funny kid from Ed. Even the presence of Bruce Willis was not enough to deter me. Is it weird that I can't decide if he is ultra-masculine or ultra-feminine? He is a scientific anomaly to me. Despite his presence in the movie I really liked it - or maybe it's because he is so beaten up by the end of it that I like it. Hmmmm.... am I slightly masochistic? I think so. I would have LOVED to hear Megan and Shane discuss this one. I didn't realize until I looked it up on Moviefone that it has a different name in the States. Personally, I feel that Die Hard 4.0 sounds better but I get what they were trying to do with the whole Live Free or Die Hard thing.


Of course, we went to the movie with the Jordans who we spent the morning with at the pool. It was there that they informed us that they also do American breakfasts which means that Nathan was a happy camper with his Jimmie Dean sausage and I destroyed the bacon they brought to me. What a great way to spend a Saturday morning. That evening we went to dinner before the movie where we had a great time. It was so funny because every once in awhile one of the four of us would say to the other couple, "I'm so glad you're here!" and we would all agree together. I think we just have a lot of fun together and it really gives us something to look forward to knowing we have a standing appointment with them every weekend. I'm so glad they're here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always impressed how Bruce Willis ends up running around in a dirty, oil-saoked vest in all of the Die Hard films.

I haven't seen Die hard 4.0, but I suspect he manages to accomplish this difficult feat yet again while shooting of 3 million shots from an automatic machine gun!
Am I right?