Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'M MELTING! I'M MELTING!


Cheri sent this to me the other day so I could get even more irritable. You see, on this day our air conditioner died in the living room. Unfortunately, this is the room where I have to do my school and work so I spend almost all day there. Nathan came home early, fortunately, and found me in a pretty bad state. He immediately called his office to have them send someone to look at it. When the repair team came in we were told that this would probably happen as... are you ready for this?... air conditioners don't work well IN THE HEAT. Wow, I guess it's good we only use them when it's 72 degrees outside... So Nathan dragged this moron (sorry, I don't deal well with idiocy in the heat) into the other room where the AC was working perfectly well and demanded to know if there was some other weather system in the bedroom that was making it possible for it to function there. I have never found him more attractive. So the team fixed it. It's still not working perfectly, but at least I won't get sick.


So the branch took no time giving us callings once it came out that we are here for a year. I am second counselor in the Relief Society (Enrichment -they obviously don't know me), Nathan is more than likely going to be in the Elders Quorum presidency (because the Elder's Quorum president told him that today) and we are teaching institute at 7:30 on Saturday mornings. They like to keep us busy around these parts! We are excited though, there are some great people in this branch.

Oh, by the way, here is the temperature right now...

Well, at least it only feels like 131 degrees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased to hear that Nathan is using his powers of persuasion to look after the comfort zone of his lovely wife. "Don't work well in the heat", wouldn't sit well with me either.

I was intrigued with the weather chart: Visibility 0.6 miles. Is that due to to dust or humidity, or just the heat haze?

Today we are expecting temperatures of 75F with 67% humidity - quite cool, I suppose, by Delhi standards but sticky for us Brits.

Emma told us that you guys are coming to France with us this summer. Excellent! We will see what we can do to fix the weather when you come.

Layton Clan said...

No stikin way. You are so going to DIE! Hello??? Okay, I am trying to find a time to call you because we are 24 and a half hours apart. What time is the best... I'll make you figure it out! : )

Love you, don't melt.

Jen