Friday, June 1, 2007

Is someone being a grouch bear?

Yes, someone apparently is and it's me! I just reread my last two posts and I sound HORRIBLE. I think I am going to chalk that one up to heat exposure. Whenever Nathan gets moany about things I make him say three nice things about whatever he is moaning about. As I must hold myself to the same standard, here goes...

1. I love that Delhi has built around its monuments. In the center of many of the roundabouts are temples and tombs that are hundreds of years old. They have held up in amazing condition and still show some of the delicate tile work that decorated the outside of many of them. I especially love the blue tiles. They are bright and cheerful, especially in contrast with the brownish color that most of the buildings have here.


    2. I love that McDonalds delivers here. We cook for ourselves probably five days a week, go out once, and order in once. As this is the extent of our kitchen appliances (I am not complaining - I am explaining)...


...we have had to be a bit creative with our cooking. I do quasi-Indian once a week, we have pasta, omelettes, and rice dishes, and we have rediscovered our love of french toast. Every once in awhile, though, it is nice to sit down with a chicken burger, fries, and chocolate shake. As Nathan says, our attitude towards McDonalds is much different in India than in the US.


3. I love that this has been the coolest May on record for over a decade. There was an article in the newspaper that said that India has received much more rain and, as a result, much cooler temperatures than normal. We have been wondering as it has been warm but not unbearable since we have been here. This week has kicked it up a notch, but from the experts at Weather.com, June is supposed to be a bit cooler and then the Monsoon comes. I am so excited for that. I realize that I will have a few really bad hair months, but I just keep picturing articles from National Geographic that I used to look at with people wading in water up to their necks. It doesn't get that bad here, fortunately, but apparently in the south it gets pretty close sometimes. I will make sure to document that really well.


Well, I just got off the phone with Nathan and he is on his way home from Punjab.

Not this one...This one.


So he "may be far away, or may be real nearby". Great, now I am going to be singing the Annie soundtrack all day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow, tomorrow,
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

Thanks, now I'm singing it as well
:-)

Anonymous said...

Heck w/ that "Sun comin' out tomorrow" crap. Bottom line:

It's a hard knock life... for us

(especially in India w/ a hot plate)

Love you and love keeping up on your adventures