Friday, June 8, 2007

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

I am so proud of myself - I managed to figure out how to beat the annoying shopping shadows! As I mentioned in a previous post, whenever you go shopping here you can expect to have someone two feet away from you following you everywhere and staring holes into you. So the other night Nathan and I were at the grocery store and I decided to have a little fun with it. He was off on the other side of the store when I noticed that I was being trailed... closely. So I thought it would be fun to play with this guy a little bit. The aisles in the store are about 10 feet long and the shelves are about 5 feet high so you can see across the entire store. I walked up a few aisles to make sure he was really behind me and when it became unmistakable I just started circling one set of shelves. I started off slow but then got quicker and quicker as he was still hanging on! He was persistant, I'll give him that, but I was going to win this one and eventually he figured it out and dropped off. I was so proud of myself and my incredibly childish behavior! I know it won't change anything in the shopping culture, but I figure that if I can show them that I can be just as crazy if not more than everything around me I'll come out on top!

2 comments:

M. said...

haaa. If only you could get that on video....
so if your staying, Can I come visit?! :) I'll bring lots of oreos, and what did you always want growing up Nathan, Captain crunch or something??

Layton Clan said...

You are a tricky one, you are. What do you need, I will send it your way! : )

Mmmm... peanut butter Captain Crunch. Who is this cute Mel girl, and why did she have to metion the captian?